Tuesday, May 1, 2007

Water Drop


A disguised light bulb. In case you didn't see that right away. :o)
Water is very precious. And almost every day I'm reminded of American wastefulness (is that a word?) Be it water, gas or energy in general. It amazes me how much I'm used to recycling, laundry drying outside, grocery shopping with my own bag... and so on... just because it is NORMAL in Europe. Almost everybody does it. And here, even in California, I get the "huh"-look when I tell the cashier that I brought my own bag. Some people have told me that they HAVE TO bag my groceries. I don't get it. And living here in a place that is pretty much a desert, I get outraged when I see the juicy lawns in people's frontyards just because the have their sprinklers going all night (ah...you wish at night, a lot of them are watering their lawns in the middle of the day...)
It is pretty frustrating. All we can do is educate people.

And this is what my found art piece is about this week.

SAVE WATER!

Left at the door of a water store in SLO. I hope it survived the door and didn't break...

3 comments:

Rosa Murillo said...

Pacha, I love it! your message comes accross perfectly! I know what you mean about the wasting... I see it around here too all the time. Thanks for this powerful message. I love that you hung it from somewhere and it really looks like a drop of water. It's really ingenious!

Shauna R said...

Great work, Very Cool! Here in New Zealand where it's supposed to be "clean and green" it's surprising how much wasting goes on...I say just keep up doing what you're doing and people eventually get the idea...hopefully sooner than later. (Fortunatly, energy is very expensive here so EVERYONE hangs their laundry, wish it would come back in style back home in America).

lena rushing said...

nice, you should leave it on someones juicy lawn ( : great idea=the water /lightbulb image.