Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Close


Well, I finally got my life up and running again. More or less that is.
I didn't really have any time (or patience) to work on art lately. But one of my friends is expecting a baby and I made an art pendant for her. I think it fits this week's Found Art Tuesday theme vere well, since the relationship between mother and child is pretty much as close as it gets (under normal circumstances I guess).

I wanted to make something for her as the mother, because baby showers are normally centered around stuff for the new baby. The pendant has two sides. A naked sexy lady on one side and a blond girl angel with the word mommy on the other side. That way she can wear it either way. If she feels sexy and on a night out without her husband or the girls - or just to remind herself and others that a mother is a woman still, if you know what I mean - wear the sexy side. Feel like a mommy angel? Wear the other side.

I also made a little keepsake box for it with a stamp of the Queen's wedding on it.

The glass of the pendant broke on the way to the baby shower, so I showed it to her and took it back home to fix it. It's not really Found Art by definition, but that's as good as it gets this week... :o)

No comments: