Saturday, April 14, 2007

Art Found!

Yippie! Another piece found a happy new home. Mother Nature spread the love and the word about Found Art Tuesday! I knew it. :o) Lena found "The Full Price", and joined Found Art Tuesday. How exciting! Here is the story:

"I walked into the grocery store one day and was immediately drawn to a small green piece of art. After looking suspiciously around me, I studied it closely, turned it over, and saw the name of a familiar artist. She was a local favorite of mine so I was excited to have my hands on her work. Again, I looked around, and began spinning different scenerios in my head,"hmm..." I thought, "could she have lost it? Is it some sort of self promotion, and I should leave it where I found it? Was it a gift ,left here for a friend of hers?" . Against my instinct, I left it where it was and rushed home to email her about my find, that's when I was introduced to ,"Found Art " . Wow, a way to share art with the world with no strings attached. Freedom from judgement, from money, from expectations... I have been painting for many years now, and yet , I approached my first found art piece with no paint at all-not even realizing that I'd done so until I sat down to write this. I'm eager to see what other walls will come down. I look forward to this expedition . -Oh, and when I went back the next day, Pachas piece was still there, at the store, waiting to come home with me, now it lives in my kitchen ( : "

Thanks Lena!

1 comment:

Shauna R said...

Yay, Lena is my sister and was so excited when she 'found it' that she wrote to me and asked if I wanted to participate. I'm in New Zealand so I would be great to bring it to this part of the world...it might be here already, I don't know yet...but I'm going to 'give it a go' too.