Saturday, August 4, 2007

Tagged & Blue Cash

well, I've been tagged by Rosa. my first time.

I feel bad for not making any art to find lately, but I was really busy after quitting my job. you would think I have more time now... haha.

anyway, 8 random personal things about me:

1. I grew up in East Germany, behind the Iron Curtain. I consider this one of the most influential times of my life. I was pretty young still when the Wall came down, but it left a lasting impression. I remember my first hamburger (I didn't like it and wondered what all the fuss is about), my first time in West Germany, my first time in a super market. I remember a lot of firsts actually. but I also remember a lot of thing we didn't have or don't have anymore. we had to wait FOREVER for a car and a telephone for example. I remember being a pioneer and I still have my "Pionierhalstuch", a kind of bandana that you wear around your neck... a neckerchief I guess. :o)

2. growing up in East Germany, naturally Russian was my second language. I had it for 8 full years in school. but I can't remember anything! I would love to take a russian class again. I really like the language. I always liked it better than English in school. Russian language classes are a little hard to find around here, though. Before I met my husband my English was horrible! now I'm pretty much fluent but most people recognize my accent right away. I also know some basic Spanish and I had 2 years of French in school (memory of which is even worse than Russian)

3. I'm a Sagitarius and I love to travel! If I had the money I would be on the road for the most part of the year. I guess that's why I ended up marrying an American and living in a foreign country. I have visited about 20 different countries and I would love to move to south america and live there in an earth ship community with a bunch of awesome people and friends and finally learn how to speak proper Spanish. I think I used to live in South America in a former life.

4. I'm vegan. and I love dark chocolate, especially with almonds in it.

5. I have NO IDEA what I want to be when I grow up. :o)

6. I'm having a hard time making any kind of decision. shopping is a pain for me. I have three pairs of shoes, three pairs of pants and three bras. and I cross my fingers that they don't fall apart anytime soon. I'm fortunate that my husband owns a store (Bambu Batu) and I get some awesome bamboo clothing every once in a while.
if I really can't decide I read Tarot cards.

7. I love letters and typefaces and use them a lot in my art. the lowercase a is my most favorite letter, because it has that little belly that's just soooo cute in some fonts.

8. I need people around me. I miss my friends in Germany most. the conversations, just hanging out and talking about everything under the sky. I love making art with other people. I find it very inspiring. That was one reason why I started the Holonic Art Movement.

hmm... that was all rather random. I really wonder what impression people get of me from reading this. actually, I always wanted to meet myself on the street to see if I would like myself and what kind of first impression I would have. weird huh?I'm always afraid people think I'm arrogant or something because I'm pretty shy when I meet somebody for the first time.

I would tag the granola poet, but he got tagged already so I tag lena and sarah instead.

and here is the last found art project I did but never uploaded. the theme was "blue". the theme that threw me off balance though, was "father" I completely blanked on that, and I'm still trying to figure out the father issue in my life.



It's one of those fake credit cards that you get in the mail all the time. I left it in an ATM machine at the Wells Fargo bank in Grover Beach.

3 comments:

Kathy L said...

Wow..I am so flad you were tagged. I had no idea of your background. What an interesting life you have led thus far. Loved your Blue piece as well!

k

Anonymous said...

OK - that is Fantastic! What a great concept! I wish I found it! :-)
Mari~

lena rushing said...

i was going to try n leave my 8 random things about me here but it won't let me leave that long of a comment ) :