Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Love Connection


For some reason blogger sometimes doesn't allow me to upload pictures... very frustrating, since I'm late on my posts anyway.
Oh well, I had all kinds of ideas for this one. It started out as two pieces (halves, I guess), that I wanted to leave behind at two different places for two different people, and tell them on the back to go here to find the other half. I wanted to make a connection between two strangers. But I didn't like the way it looked, so I started over again and ended up with this ltlle wired piece. I was trying to show the different connections we can have: some of them rusty, some shiny, some rather loose, some not really pretty but nevertheless connections. If you connect the dots in the center you'll get a heart, of course (in case you haven't had that figured out, yet :o)). And the heart buttonb symbolizes Love as well as Connection (being a button, which are usually used to connect things). At the top it says "Be Connected" and on the tag is a quote from my cup of yogi tea that I enjoyed while making the piece: Where there is love, there is no question. Weird coincidense, huh?

I left it on a gate at Domaine Alfred, a winery that makes biodynamic wine. I think the girl that works there must have taken it, since she closed the gate while we were there (we were almost the last ones in their wine tasting room.)

1 comment:

Kathy L said...

This is a very inventive piece! I really love it. Lucky girl who found it.

k