Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Obsession


This was a hard one! I think my obsessions change on a constant basis. But I don't have a long enough attention span to actually stick with them... :o)
I come across something that fascinates me...and a new obsession is born. Even it lasts only a few hours.

This piece started as packaging for bamboo socks my husband gave to me the other day. I loved the little extra flap that was on there. I think my current obsession are shiny things... Sarah Winkler just brought 3D fabric paint to my attention and I decided to check out metallic paint for a project on memories I'm currently working on. Since then I have been using metallic puff paint in all my projects... :o)

But I wanted to make the finder think about his or her own obsessions. I copied the definition from the dictionary: "A compulsive, often unreasonable idea or emotion". What's yours?
I must say that many of my ideas seem unreasonable. Actually, wasn't it Einstein that said: "If an idea doesn't seem absurd at first, it's not a good one." He's got a point there... :o)
I included the classic nude just because I love vintage photos and the piece needed something on the inside flap.

I left it on the door of the SLO County Historical Museum.

3 comments:

Kathy L said...

This is just beautiful. Do you have to heat the 3D fabric paint or just apply it to a surface, to get it to look 3D? I think I have to try this stuff!

k

Pacha said...

thanks Kathy!
the paint comes in a little queeze bottle so you can even write with it. you don't have to heat it or anything, just let it dry. if you want to use it on fabric that you wash, I guess you're supposed to apply a sealer when the paitn is dry...

check it out, it's pretty fun stuff, especially the metallic ones... :o)
I got it at micheals.

Rosa Murillo said...

I can give you a tip to get that puffy effect too with regular paint (maybe you've already tried it before) I use elmer's glue, (the one that you squeeze from the bottle) and do little lines and dots, etc, when it's dry I paint over it so you get whatever color you want. You can also paint over it and remove it later so it's like masking fluid (ony in canvases, removing it on paper won't work, it'll tear off the paper)
loved your piece, sorry it took me so long to comment on it, I'm trying to catch up!