Saturday, January 27, 2007

Mimulus Bell


So here it is, the very first one. The Found Art Tuesday theme for January 30 is MUSIC, and although this isn't neccessarily the most musical piece, it was directly inspired by it. I found the bell in my big box of stuff while working on a different piece of art, and was immediately reminded of the theme.

My best friend's mom, who has a golden soul, told me this once: Should you be depressed, sad or stressed out for some reason, just say "Mimulus mimulus minulus" and you will be happy again, because you can't say it without having to smile. It really works, I swear. Try it next time!

I wrapped a little note explaining the bell and the mimulus around it and hopefully it will make somebody smile. I haven't released it yet (it finally started raining here), but I can hardly wait to set it free for somebody to find...

January 28 - It is gone. I feel a little sad I must admit. It was hard to let go. I left it on the bulletin board in the Hemp Shak in San Luis Obispo. Hopefully some good soul will find it and take it home...

4 comments:

Rosa Murillo said...

I absolutely love this, the idea is so inspired and the execution is really good too! thanks for the inspiration!
I will post link to your blog when I post my piece next Tuesday!
Best wishes!
Rosa

Kathy L said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathy L said...

Oh so sorry..My first post was a bunch of gibberish! I pressed return far to quicly! Anyway, I love your piece and welcome to Rosa's found art group.

k

Leah said...

this is awesome! great work!